This cake is so easy to make, it feels like cheating! You can make it yourself, or let your children do it – it’s that simple!
You will need:
- A big sandwich cake tin, for getting a nice round shape, and some clingfilm or greaseproof paper to line it with.
- Rice Krispie cake mixture (the kind made with marshmallow) OR a real cheat – ready-made Rice Krispie Squares, the chewy marshmallow ones.
- Strawberry or raspberry seedless jam
- Sweets! I used Dolly Mixtures, Minstrels, Smarties and Jelly Tots. Anything goes, I guess – just not blue sweets….I’ve never seen anything blue on a pizza, and I’d be suspicious if I did!
- Grated white chocolate.
- Make your Rice Krispie mixture, OR if you’re using the ready-made Rice Krispie Squares, take them out of their packets, put them in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. This will make them all moist and pliable.
- Form your mixture into a pizza shape in your lined tin, pressing down firmly, and score into slices. Then cool in the fridge. (Scoring into slices makes it easier to serve, and the toppings don’t get destroyed by cutting it up later)
- Use seedless jam for tomato sauce, and a selection of sweets for toppings to decorate the base. I used Minstrels, Dolly Mixtures, Smarties and Jelly Tots.
- Finish with a grating of white chocolate, which looks amazingly like cheese.
- Serve it up, and soak up all that praise!