Always looking for ways to make easy art with the children – this site is a dream!
Instead of a simple word cloud, at Tagxedo.com you can choose from an astonishing array of shapes, and make real ‘word art’.
- Firstly, paste in your blog url, or text, or individual words.
- Choose your shape. Hearts, elephants, bats – I even saw a witch’s hat in there!
- Choose from a beautiful range of colour themes.
- Even choose your fonts!
- Then create, and save to jpg, or share on Facebook or Twitter.
- They have a shop where you can buy mugs and stuff with your word picture on it.
I can see tons of uses for this:
- A family word picture, with all our names on it.
- For Father’s Day, the word ‘Dad’ repeated, and printed out to stick on a card.
- For Valentine’s Day, the word ‘Love’, to stick on a card or frame and give to someone special.
- Your child’s name, printed out to frame, maybe even print out 16 or 25 of them, each one in a different colour theme, in a smaller size, and then collage them together!
- The words of a favourite poem or song.
The possibilities are endless!!!
These are the words it picked up from the blog.
Strangely, at some point I have used the words ‘sandwich’ and ‘rice’, which taken out of context seems a trifle odd! I’ve also used the word ‘really’ a lot more than I should. Happily, ‘Chocolate’ seems nice and emboldened, but where is ‘coffee’? This blog runs on coffee, yet no mention of it – strange…..perhaps it is my guilty little secret, only now revealed…
(Upon further investigation, I’ve uncovered ‘sandwich’ tins, ‘rice’ krispies – see, makes more sense now!)
Have you tried this? Can you think of any more uses for tagxedo?